Friday, March 8, 2013

"Leftover Rotisserie" Chicken

I don't know about you, but I feel like I find so many "quick and healthy" dinner recipes that call for "leftover rotisserie chicken." I want to laugh every time I read "leftover rotisserie chicken." It seems like some recipes assume we eat rotisserie chicken every other day so we will always have leftovers. And since I do not eat rotisserie chicken every other day, I would have to cook the chicken for the recipe that night, making that recipe a lot less "quick."

Until.

Until I realized that I was spending waaaaay too much time every night handling yucky raw chicken. Now I cook the chicken all at once, and then freeze it. So now I have "leftover rotisserie" chicken whenever I need it!

Not only is this recipe so simple and easy, but it saves so much time during the week. And the chicken is super tender!

"Leftover Rotisserie" Chicken
Any size package of fresh (not frozen) chicken breasts
Chicken broth (use a good quality kind)

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Trim the excess fat from the chicken and place in a glass pan. Do not overcrowd the chicken. Pour enough chicken broth over the chicken so that it is 1/2 inch high in the pan.

 

Cover the pan tightly with foil. Cook for one hour. When finished cooking, remove the chicken from the oven, but don't remove the foil for 15 minutes. After 15 minues, remove the foil and let the chicken cool to room temperature. Place the chicken in freezer safe resealable bags and store in the freezer.

When you're ready to use the chicken, just place it on a plate and microwave for a minute or two, until it is thawed enough to be cut through.

No comments:

Post a Comment