Saturday, March 16, 2013

Easter Wreath

I wanted to make an Easter wreath that didn't feature plastic eggs or Peeps (I love peeps a little too much to use them as a decoration...I have no self control when it comes to those cute sugary treats). I decided to try to make an Easter wreath with some purple ribbon instead.

 
I used an 8 inch foam wreath.
 
Then I wrapped ribbon around the entire wreath, using pins to secure the ribbon.

Then I cut about 10 inch pieces of ribbon. I folded the corners over on one end, and put a pin through it. Then I would randomly twist and arrange the ribbon to resemble petals and thread it onto the pin as I went along.


 
 Since the ribbon flowers were already on a pin, I simply pushed the pin into the foam wreath to secure it onto the wreath. I liked the look of having the flowers on just a section of the wreath, but I decided to cover the whole wreath in flowers.
 
 Here's the final product. I loved the way it turned out. Now I just need to figure out where to hang it...


No comments:

Post a Comment