Saturday, December 8, 2012

Play Dough

Since it's beginning to get cold outside, I've been trying to come up with good indoor activities....for a super active one year old...in an apartment. It's not easy. However, I remembered playing with play dough that my mom would make, so I decided to make some for my little guy. There are so many variations out there, but I wanted a recipe that had salt in it, so Tommy wouldn't want to eat it. This recipe was so simple, so easy, and the texture turned out great.

Play Dough!
2 cups warm water
2 cups flour
1 cup salt 
2 tablespoons oil
a few drops of food coloring

Mix everything together over low heat. Continue stirring until the flour gets "cooked" and the play dough comes together in a ball. Allow to cool and enjoy! The play dough can be stored for several weeks in an airtight container in the fridge. 


Tommy loved the play dough, and I loved how easy it was to clean up!

No comments:

Post a Comment